Name: Xavier Beckford
Weight (before): 284 lbs
Weight (after): 195 lbs
Why I Got Started
It was my last year in high school - my gym teacher made the whole class choose a goal that we had to accomplish by the end of the school year. The first weigh-in, I weighed an astonishing 284 pounds ... I knew I was in big trouble. So, I started exercising and eating 5-6 times per day and every weigh-in, I lost weight.
By the final weigh-in, I weighed in at 230 pounds for graduation. From then on I just fell in love with exercising and took it to the next level. About a year later I really got into to weight training because I lost too much muscle mass and I didn't like the way I looked.
How I Did It
First, I accepted the fact that I was overweight and I had to do something about it. Then I started eating 5-6 times per day and doing cardio 3-5 times per week and weight trained 3 days per week. But, the main thing that made me successful was being CONSISTENT with everything I was doing.
Sample Of My Diet
- 7:00 am - Thermogenic and Glutamine.
- 7:30 am - 7 egg whites, 1 yolk, whole wheat bagel with fat-free cream cheese.
- 10:00 am - 1 packet of oatmeal with 12 oz of skim milk with the scoop of whey protein.
- 12:30 pm (pre-workout) - 4 oz of whole wheat pasta with 6 oz of chicken breast.
- 2:30 pm (post-workout) - 1 plain bagel with peanut butter and jelly with a protein shake.
- 5:00 pm - lean turkey burger with 2 slices of whole wheat bread.
- 7:30 pm - protein bar.
- 10:00 pm (before bed) - 5 grams of glutamine.
Sunday - Chest
- Incline dumbbell press: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Flat dumbbell press: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Decline dumbbell press: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Dumbbell flyes: 4 sets of 10-12 reps (each angle)
Monday - Legs & Back
- Barbell squats: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Leg extensions: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Leg curls: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell calf raises: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- One-arm dumbbell row: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Deadlift: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Pullups: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Cable Rows: 2 sets of 12-15 reps
Tuesday - Shoulders
- Dumbbell shoulder press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Standing side raises: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Barbell front raise: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Bent-over rear delt raise: 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Barbell upright rows: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
Wednesday - Biceps & Triceps
- EZ bar curls: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Hammer curls: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
- Preacher curls: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
- Tricep dips: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Skull crushers: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
- EZ bar tricep curls: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
I perform cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach 3-5 times per week. Maybe a second session after my last meal.
Suggestions For Others
Losing body fat takes time. Always stay around positive people who will support you in your decisions. This is not a diet, it's a LIFESTYLE. So be patient, and consistent and you will achieve.