Name: Tan Xuemin
Weight: 138 Lbs.
Weight: 188 Lbs.
Why I Got Started
How I Did It
As soon as I've set my mind and soul in picking up bodybuilding, I began searching through the web and magazines for nutritional tips and more knowledge about training.
I eventually applied for a gym membership and prepared my own diet plan and meals throughout the day. Initially it was pretty tough to get 6-to-8 meals per day as I wasn't used to it. All thanks to my mum who has been supporting me by buying the food and cooking for me at times when I'm busy with school.
When I just got started - It's kind of sad when your friends kept on telling you there's nothing they can see on you after months of training. Some even told me to quit bodybuilding as I'm not growing despite explaining to them the time it takes for those bodybuilders to get to where they are now.
I always told myself no matter what others say, I'll continue in this sport as I strongly believe in "CRITICISMS MAKE A BODYBUILDER, NOT COMPLIMENTS." With this motto in my mind, it instead encouraged me to improve my body from the criticisms made.
Sample Week Of Diet
- Meal 1 - 100g oatmeal, 50g raisins and whey protein shake.
- Meal 2 - 250g-300g chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice and spinach.
- Meal 3 - 100g oatmeal, 50g raisins and a can of plain tuna.
- Meal 4 - 250-300g chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice and spinach.
- Meal 5 - 6 slices of whole meal bread and a can of plain tuna.
- Meal 6 - 8 egg whites 1 whole egg and handful of cashew nuts.
- Meal 7 - Protein shake with skim milk.
Sample Week Of Training
Monday - LEGS & ABS
- Squats (15,10,10,8,6)
- Leg Extensions (15,12,12,8)
- Leg Press (12,10,8)
- Hamstring Curls (12,10,10,8,6)
- Stiff Leg Deadlift (12,10)
- Seated Calve Raises (15,12,12,10,8)
- Standing Calve Raises (15,12,12,10,8)
- Sit-ups on decline bench (50,50)
Tuesday - SHOULDERS & ABS
- Military press (12,10,10,8,6)
- Behind the neck presses (12,10,10,8,6)
- Upright Rows (12,10,8,6)
- Side Laterals (12,10,10,8,8)
- Rear Delt raises (12,10,10,8,6)
- Leg Raises (12,12,12)
- Side Crunches (12,12,12)
Wednesday - OFF
Thursday - BACK
- Pullups (10,8)
- Lat pulldown (20,12,10,8,6)
- V-Bar pulldown (12,10,8,6)
- Pullover (12,10,10,8,6)
- Barbell rows (12,10,10,8,6)
- Seated cable rows (15,12,10,8,6)
- Dumbbell shrugs (8,8,6,6)
- Deadlift (20,15,10)
Friday - CHEST & ABS
- Dumbbell flyes (20,15,10,6)
- Bench press (16,10,10,8,6)
- Incline dumbbell press (12,10,10,8,6)
- Decline barbell press (12,12,10,8,6)
- Leg raises (12,12,12)
Saturday - OFF
Sunday - ARMS
- Tricep pushdown ( 15,12,10,10)
- Skull crushers (12,10,10,6)
- Dumbbell extensions (12,10,10,6)
- EZ-Bar curl (12,10,8,6)
- Dumbbell curl (12,10,8,6)
- Preacher curl (12,10,10,6)
Suggestions For Others
Do not give up, bodybuilding is a sport which requires patience and dedication. Take criticisms as a way to improve on yourselves. You will be proud of your hard work and sacrifices.
Last but not least, NO PAIN NO GAIN.