Age: 14 years old
Weight: 115 Lbs.
Age: 15 years old
Height: 5' 5"
Weight: 141 Lbs.
Why I Got Started
I got started because growing up I was always a small skinny kid, I had self-esteem and wasn't comfortable with my body. Then one day my older brother who was already experienced showed me the basics of working out. We soon began going everyday and with each day I grew a passion for working out.
How I Did It
It took a lot of hard work and determination. I spent hours in the gym training really hard, hoping to look as big as my brother. It wasn't long before people started to notice my change.
I started to eat more protein and asked my mom to buy me a protein shake. I was eating a lot at that point not paying attention to what I was eating. But last summer I read a lot of training articles and talked to a lot of helpful people in my gym. My diet started to improve and my body with it.
I didn't really take any supplements except a protein shake called ON 100% Whey.
Sample Week Of Diet
My diet is the same every day.
Meal 1: eggs + milk = 20 gm protein
Meal 2: Sandwich = 30 gm protein
Meal 3: Chicken breast (50 oz) + rice/pasta/potatoes + milk = 50 gm protein
Meal 4: Protein shake + some carbs (yogurt/fruit/juice) = 35-45 gm protein
Meal 5: Chicken breast (3-5oz) + rice/pasta/potatoes + milk = 30-50 gm protein
Meal 6: Protein shake = 35 gm protein
Repeat: Every day
Sample Week Of Training
Day 1: Back:
- T bar rows (x15, x12, x10, x8, x8)
- Lat pulldowns (x15, x12, x10, x10)
- Switch between different machines (x12, x10, x8, x6, x8)
Day 2: Rest
Day 3: Legs:
- Squats (x15,x12,x8,x6,x8)
- Leg press (x16,x16,x16,x16,x12)
- Leg extension (x15,x12,x12)
Day 4: Triceps & Shoulders:
- Dips (x15,x12,x10,x8,x6)
- Skull crushers (x10,x8,x8,x8)
- Cables (x12,x12,x12,x10)
- Shoulder press (x12,x8,x8,x8)
- Dumbbell flyes (x12,x10,x10,10)
Day 5: Biceps & Forearms:
- Barbell curls (x15,x10,x6,x6)
- Incline dumbbell curls (x10,x8,x8)
- One handed preacher curls (x10x8,x8)
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Chest & Calves:
- Bench (x15,x12,x6,x6,x6)
- Incline bench (x10,x8,x6,x6)
- Cable flyes (x10,x10,x10,10)
- Seated calve raises (x25,x15,x15,x15)
- Standing calve raises (x15,x15,x15,x15)
Suggestions For Others
Be persistent and never give up. Train hard and eat right. Pick a long term goal as well as small goals along the way. Don't let anyone or anything get in the way between you and your goal. Don't let anyone make you feel like you don't deserve it. And most important of all love what you are doing.