Name: Chris Garcia
Weight: 154 lbs
Weight: 180 lbs
Why I Got Started
I had always been recognized within my group of friends as the athletic guy, somewhat of a friendly jock I guess. Despite my reputation in that respect I knew that there were several individuals in my year at school that had me beat hands down as far as strength and size were concerned.
On that note, gradually I had myself convinced that being the strong character in a close-knit group of friends simply wasn't good enough anymore - I wanted a reputation for being the "Big Kahuna" of my school, respected all around as a strong, determined individual.
How I Did It
My first step was discovering Bodybuilding.com. I read countless articles and browsed numerous forums to find a workout routine best suited to my build and ambitions. With the knowledge Bodybuilding.com had granted me on safe teenage bodybuilding I decided to invest in protein shakes and revamped my diet.
Let's just say protein became a close associate of mine. With hours upon hours of research under my belt, I structured a routine to follow and walked into my local gym with an iron will and impenetrable mindset to stack on lean muscle mass. I was ready.
Monday: Chest & Abs
- Bench Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Decline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Cable Crunches: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Exercise Ball Crunches: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Oblique Crunches: 3 sets of 25 reps
- Concentration Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Barbell Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Skullcrushers: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Triceps Pushdowns: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Bench Dips: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Barbell Squats: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Lying Leg Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Pullups: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Lat Pulldown: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Bent Over Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Deadlift: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Barbell Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Front Dumbbell Raises: 3 sets of 8 reps
Saturday & Sunday: Rest
Suggestions For Others
You need to work out as if you're aiming to lift cars overhead in a week, you need to eat clean and you need to eat at the right times, and lastly you need to believe in yourself!
Your body is a reflection of your self-esteem, your pride and your lifestyle. So get up, turn off that film, restock the fridge with some healthier options and walk into that local gym like a war hound on the loose!