Name: Mitchell Shibley
Weight: 115 lbs
Weight: 155 lbs
Why I Got Started
Early in my high school years I was relatively skinny. Soccer was my main sport and due to the rough, physical nature of the game, I tended to get pushed around a lot. Two broken collarbones and a torn ACL later, I decided something had to be done.
The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is one of the four major ligaments of the human knee. In the quadruped stifle (analogous to the knee), based on its anatomical position, it is referred to as the cranial cruciate ligament.
How I Did It
I started working out with some friends. We would work the same muscles everyday, eat whatever we wanted, and exercise with improper form. My dad, noticing my new found interest, brought home a copy of Muscular Development.
After diligently reading every article, I began to learn more and more about the art of lifting. I would read magazines at work, rent books from the library, and look up tips on the web.
The more I learned, the more efficient I became in the weight room. With efficiency came results. With results came even more motivation to train and live healthy. It's a vicious cycle.
Meal 2: Post-Workout
|READING THIS WORKOUT LOG|
- Bench Press: 3 sets of 9 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Decline Bench Press: 2 sets of 8 reps
- Decline Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dips: 3 sets to failure
- Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Bent Over Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Close-Grip Pulldowns: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Reverse Flyes: 3 sets of 12 reps
- One Arm Dumbbell Rows: 2 sets to failure
- Crunches: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Lying Leg Raises: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Cable Crunches: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Reverse Crunches: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Lying Triceps Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Barbell Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Triceps Pushdowns: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Concentration Curls: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Seated Triceps Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 2 sets of 8 reps
- Military Press: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Rear Delt Raises: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Barbell Squat: 5 sets of 12 reps
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Lying Leg Curls: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets of 10 reps
Suggestions For Others
Be consistent and train smart.