Before And After Stats
Why I Got Started
All throughout my childhood I was made fun of for being skinny. Even though these comments made me feel angry and uncomfortable, I learned to shrug them off and was able to do this up until my freshmen year of college.
This is when I realized how big most kids my age actually were and I was shocked. Being the skinniest of all my newly-made friends, I felt out of place and was made fun of constantly. My friends would beat me up all the time and even though they were kidding it really got to me.
So on one of the last nights of my freshmen year while laying in my bed I remembered how my friend from home said he used to go to the gym at 1 a.m. when he was feeling stressed out and had lots of energy.
So right then I made a commitment to myself to go to the gym when I got home for the summer and to dedicate myself to getting bigger. And that's exactly what I did.
Click Image To Enlarge.
I Made A Commitment To Myself To Go To The Gym When I Got
Home For The Summer And To Dedicate Myself To Getting Bigger.
How I Did It
I began lifting in the first days of summer 2009 at Planet Fitness and stayed there for three months. I then went back to school and lifted at my school's gym for the next three months and during the 1-month break between semesters I went to Gold's Gym.
I am now back at school using the gym here and I do not plan on stopping anytime soon. Lifting has become part of my daily routine. Dedication is the key!
Note: Supplement schedule and dosages are shown below in the diet section.
- 3 pieces of chicken breast
- 6 oz of protein (cafateria food)
Meal 5: Post-Workout
Day 1: Chest
- Bench Press: 5 sets of 6-8 reps
- Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 5 sets of 6-8 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Dips: 4 sets of 10 reps
Day 2: Back And Biceps
- Lat Pulldowns: 5 sets of 6-8 reps
- Seated Cable Rows: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- One-Arm Dumbbell Rows: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Barbell Curls: 3 sets of 21 reps
- Preacher Curls: 5 sets of 4-6 reps
- Dumbbell Curls: 4 sets of 4-6 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 5-6 reps
Day 3: Shoulders And Triceps
- Front Dumbbell Raises: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Upright Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Military Press: 3 sets of 5-6 reps
- Barbell Shrugs: 6 sets of 10-15 reps
- Lying Triceps Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Triceps Pushdowns: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Kickbacks: 3 sets of 10 reps
Day 4: Legs
- Barbell Squats: 6 reps of 10-12 reps
- Standing Calf Raises: 4 sets of 4-6 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 10 reps
Day 5: Cardio
- I usually play basketball or another sport on this day.
Day 6: Off
Day 7: Off
Suggestions For Others
It is much easier for us to eat that fast food instead of a healthier choice or to skip going to the gym day after day because of the same old lame excuses. In order to achieve your goals you really need to stay with your diet and exercise regimen and although it may take some time, you will definitely see results in the long run. Good luck!