Name: Brett Borders
Weight: 213 lbs
Body Fat: 18%
Weight: 168 lbs
Body Fat: 8%
Why I Got Started
I became very interested in bodybuilding. Some of my friends who compete really encouraged me to concentrate my efforts on improving my physique. I realized how out of shape I truly was and desperately wanted to do something about it.
Click Image To Enlarge.
I Realized How Out Of Shape I Truly Was And
Desperately Wanted To Do Something About It.
How I Did It
I did some research and decided to go with a ketogenic diet. I made it a priority to concentrate on food preparation and intense workout sessions.
I also included a fair amount of cardio to my regimen. I began reading all I could on the subject and took what I learned and applied it to my diet and training. Through trial and error I found a formula that seemed to work for me.
I did low intensity cardio 6-7 days per week, 30 minutes first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and then another 30 minutes right after my weight lifting sessions.
- Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Barbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Cable Crossovers: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
- Decline Dumbbell Bench Press: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
- Deadlifts: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Pullups: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Underhand Cable Pulldowns: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Bent Over Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Presses: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Reverse Flyes: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- EZ-Bar Curls: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Alternate Incline Dumbbell Curl: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Close-Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Skullcrushers: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Triceps Pushdowns: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Squats: 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Leg Press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Lying Leg Curls: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
Saturday and Sunday were off days. I would normally perform a lot of cardio on these days and take Friday off from cardio as to not inflame my legs and detract from my leg workout.
Suggestions For Others
Persistence is key. Don't make drastic changes to the diet. I made the mistake of dropping my calories too low and it really hindered my fat loss. Stay consistent with your food preparation, training and supplementation.
Also, don't get discouraged. If changing your body was easy everyone would do it. The deciding factor in changing your body is the amount of dedication and faith you're willing to apply to your efforts. If you stay motivated you'll reach your goals!