The part of the body most people pay attention to is your upper body. You see most of the guys in the gym walking around in their muscle shirts to show off their huge arms and then they are wearing wind pants or whatever to cover up their chicken legs.
They are in the gym all the time working their upper body, but you never see them working their legs except maybe a few sets of leg presses. Here is the reason why they are wearing pants.
They don't do squats. Either they are just lazy little retards who don't want to do any work, or they can't handle the pain that comes with leg training in order to achieve those tree trunks. Because most of those guys would like to have huge legs if it wasn't so hard.
The 5 Main Exercises
In order to build huge legs there are 5 exercise you should do:
- Squats: These should be the center of your leg routine, and should be done first. If your not doing them then you will never reach your full potential for your legs.
- Leg Press: These should be done after you squats and with very heavy weight. Remember, these are not a replacement for squats.
- Hack Squats: I also like to do these right after my squats and switch them with leg press every 6 weeks.
- Front Squats: Good exercise to build outer sweep of thighs. Also can be used if you have a problem bending over too far when squatting.
- Leg Curls: A good finish to your routine, and very important to help build up your hamstrings.
A Sample Routine
Here is a good example of a leg routine that will help pack on some size:
- Squats: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
- Front Squats: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- Leg Press: 2 sets of 8, 6 reps
- Leg Curls: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
You can switch it around a little. Like put hack squats in place of front squats etc. But make sure you always start with squats. Remember it takes a lot of hard work to build huge legs, but you're on your way to getting rid of those pants.