If you feel like this I suggest you try a TRISET principle of training. This means choosing a body part that you wish to train and picking 3 exercises for it. After choosing the 3 exercises you get them all set up (use about 40-60% of max weight) and make sure you can get to them one after the other.
Start with the first exercise that you have chosen and perform 12 reps with a controlled manor and then proceed onto the next exercise and do another 12 reps, drop that exercise and go to your third exercise and do another 12 reps. This should really begin to burn. After completing set one get a drink, stretch and wait 60 seconds and start over using the same weight to begin but if you cannot complete the required 12 reps drop the weight down a little just enough to do the 12.
Here are some TRISETS for the body parts (these may vary depending on equipment available)
- CHEST- Bench Press, Dumbbell Flyes "or" Pec Deck and Incline Bench Press.
- BACK- Lat Pull down "or" Pull-ups, Machine Row and Bent Over Row.
- SHOULDRS- Dumbbell Shoulder Press, Side Lateral Raise and Upright Row.
- BICEPS- Barbell Curl, Preacher Curl and Standing Alt. Dumbbell Curl.
- TRICEPS- Close Grip Pushdown, Tricep Kickback and Tricep Extension.
- LEGS- (Quads) Squats, Leg Press and Leg Extensions. (Hams) Stiff Legged Dead lift, Leg Press(legs placed high on plate) and Leg Curl.
This will hurt don't do it for more than 2 workouts at a time per muscle group but give it a go every once and a while.
The TRISET is also a good way of burning calories as you are getting a continuous burn and tension on the working muscles.
Drop me a line and tell me what you think or suggest something for me to write about at email@example.com.