But, like I said, lately people have been asking "What's the best time to work out?" or "What's the best time to do cardio?". Well there are a lot of theories about what's best, and everybody has an opinion on the subject.
Well, Which Is It?
Well, the answer to this question is... there is no answer. We all are different and our bodies adapt to exercise differently. If you exercise at the same intensity for the same amount of time, you will burn the same number of calories, regardless of the time of day.
However, you may want to consider the following points before you decide when to train and when to do cardio.
Points To Consider
- If you exercise first thing in the morning, and get it out of the way, this will help prevent you from missing it later.
- Exercising later is better for optimal performance, according to certain studies, because your body temperature is highest in the late afternoon.
- Cardio in the morning before breakfast may burn more bodyfat than cardio performed later in the day. Also, cardio in the morning has the ability to boost your metabolism throughout the day, causing your body to burn more calories.
- Strength peaks later in the day, and muscles are warm and more flexible then.
- Lifting or doing cardio in the morning energizes people, and may regulate your appetite for the rest of the day.
- Cardio or lifting late at night is a great way to relieve stress after a hard day at work or school. =)
If you listen to your body and keep these 6 points in mind, you will find a training split and cardio schedule that works for you!
To View The Latest Teen Training Articles, Click Here.
To View Additional Training Theory Articles, Click Here.