One of the most commonly found lean proteins on a bodybuilder's plate is chicken breast. While there are plenty of recipes for chicken, there are times when even chopping up vegetables is too time consuming! These quick flavoring suggestions are suitable for everyday eating and will only require a few things already on hand in most kitchen cabinets.
- Tobasco: Tabasco sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper
- Italian: Add a variety of Italian herbs (rosemary, basil, tarragon, arugula) and/or a few tablespoons of stewed tomatoes
- Lemon-Pepper: Use salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning or squeeze real lemon and pepper onto the chickenl
- Lemon-Dill: Use salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning and dill or squeeze real lemon juice, dill, and pepper onto the chicken
- Vinaigrette: Use 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or balsamic dressing per 4 oz. portion of chicken
- Spicey Tex Mex: Use prepared salsa or chili powder
- Garlic and Pepper: Crushed garlic, garlic powder, or minced garlic (from a jar) and fresh ground pepper
- Lemon and Rosemary: Lemon juice, rosemary, and a bit of garlic powder
Stella's Kitchen Tip Flash Marinate
Flash marinating is a special trick I use in my kitchen that those challenged with time constraints will come to appreciate. When you get home from the store, divide your chicken into your typical useable portions. If you buy the bags of frozen breast, that's fine for this method too! Grab some freezer bags or tightly sealed containers and place the chicken in each container.
Toss in your favorite spices and other marinade ingredients. Anything acidic, like wine, lemon juice, any type of vinegar, and even salsa will tenderize the meat. Other dry items will simply flavor it. Store immediately in the freezer. When you take the packages out to thaw overnight in your fridge, you will simultaneously be allowing the spices and marinade to release flavors and tenderize the chicken. You will not perceive any expense of time, just enjoy a great meal. If you try this, be sure to consume the chicken within the month as the marinades will reduce the usual freezer storage time.