What Is It?
And Where Does It Come From?
"Greens" supplements are plant-based supplements that are made from plant sources like alfalfa, barley, grains, nuts, spirulina, wheat grass, herbs, vegetables, legumes, and seaweed. Many greens formulations also contain probiotics.
To View Top-Selling Greens Food Products, Click Here.
What Does It Do?
And What Scientific Studies Give Evidence To Support This?
Greens food supplements are designed to increase your daily intake of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes. These supplements provide the many vital nutrients that are essential for basic health but that are usually lacking in the average diet.
Additionally, greens food supplements boost immune system function above and beyond normal levels by supplying herbal ingredients and metabolites that are necessary for super health.
The ingredients in greens supplements have been clinically proven to:
- Support immune system function.
- Kill bacteria and fungal infections.
- Strengthen cell integrity and prevent viral replication.
- Prevent infections of all kinds.
- Heal intestinal ulcers.
- Combat bad breath.
- Combat various cancers.
- Scavenge the body for free radicals thereby protecting muscles, vital organs and DNA from oxidative stress and damage.
- Support healthy weight loss.
- Cleanse and detoxify the body from harmful toxins.
- Aid and support healthy bone formation.
- Heal wounds and speed post-surgery healing.
- Normalize blood glucose levels.
- Improve brain health and thinking abilities.
- Improve nerve function.
- Improve blood profile.
- Improve digestion.
- Normalize blood pressure and eliminate hypertension.
- Boost energy levels.
Besides its need for vitamins and minerals, the body has a natural pH balance that must be maintained within certain ranges to ensure optimal immune system function and general health. pH is a measure on a scale of 0 to 14 of the acidity or alkalinity of a solution. In this system, PH 7.0 is neutral, greater than 7.0 is basic, and less than 7 is more acidic.
The body's pH balance is a fine balance between alkalinity and acidity - and extreme disruptions toward acidity can result in elevated LDL cholesterol levels, diminished immune system and organ function, oxidative stress and DNA damage, hypertension, and the onset of a number of cancers.
Western diets that are typically high in meat (protein) and carbohydrate consumption are highly acidic [because acid is needed to break down proteins and carbohydrates]. Because greens food is plant-based, greens foods help keep the body's sensitive pH balance in an alkaline and healthy state.
Who Needs It?
And What Are Some Symptoms Of Deficiency?
Everyone can benefit from supplementing with a greens product.
Greens food products provide a number of benefits [see above] that can enhance health, and this is true for every person, regardless of age, sex or activity level.
How Much Should Be Taken?
And Are There Any Side Effects?
Follow label directions.
The ingredients in Greens food products may be contraindicated with other dietary supplements or over-the-counter and/or prescription medications.
Consult with your physician before using any dietary supplement.
- Hayatsu H, Negishi T, Arimoto S, et al. Porphyrins as potential inhibitors against exposure to carcinogens and mutagens. Mutat Res 1993; 290:79-85.