Apple-Ginger Glazed Ham
- 14 lbs. smoked country ham, skin removed and some fat trimmed, leaving about 1/4 inch fat covering
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place ham on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Bake 1-1/2 hours.
- Heat apple jelly and ginger to boiling in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Boil 2 minutes.
- Brush ham with some glaze.
- Bake ham 30 minutes to 1 hour longer, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze until meat thermometer reaches 140°F. (15-18 minutes per pound total cooking time.)
- When ham is done, place on a large platter. Let stand 20 minutes for easier slicing.
This recipe serves 20 people. Because this recipe is for a particular size pan, it adjusts the number of servings only in multiples of 20.
Recipe yields 20 servings
Apple-Ginger Glazed Ham PDF (31 KB)