I found a satisfying substitute for cookies by accident when I varied my current pancake recipe. So here it is, for your recipe of the week.
- 1 cup old-fashioned (that's the slow-cooking) oats
- 2 scoops vanilla whey or other vanilla protein powder
- 4 eggwhites
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- cinnamon to taste
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Combine dry ingredients, then add eggwhites.
- You may need to add some water, depending on your protein powder.
- Then add the raisins. You can cook these in the pan somewhat like pancakes like I first did or drop them on a non-stick cookie sheet like conventional cookies.
It's a pretty flexible recipe--you can go down to about 1/2 cup of oats if you like (if you want lower carbs), or just use one scoop or protein, or only 3 eggs and use more water to make it the right consistency, etc.
I think unflavored protein works fine, too. Or you could emit the raisins and cinnamon and opt for some other flavored protein to make chocolate, etc. cookies. These are really nice because they're healthy and full of protein but are fulfilling when you're needing a little something that feels like cheating.
Cookie Substitute PDF (112 KB)