To build muscle, you need to lift—not just weights, but your fork to your mouth for extended reps. And not just cherry pie or fast food, either, but meals that provide your body the right macronutrient ratio for size and strength. Only then will you see the progress you desire.
That's why I put these recipes together. If you want, use them to make a whole day's worth of healthy, protein-packed food. Breakfast, post-workout shake, lunch and dinner—it's all there! Or, just try one of the recipes when you're in a protein pinch. Whatever way to do it, I think you'll like the delicious flavors and muscle-building macros each recipe provides.
There's nothing complicated or difficult about these recipes. Let's get into the kitchen and build some muscle!
- Brown ground turkey in a skillet over medium/high heat. Once finished, drain excess juice out of the skillet and place turkey in a bowl.
- Beat together whole eggs and egg whites. Pour eggs into skillet.
- While eggs cook, mix sun-dried tomatoes with ground turkey.
- When eggs are cooked firmly enough to flip, place ground turkey on one half of the cooked eggs.
- Flip open side of eggs over to cover the ground turkey. Let cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip omelet. Cook until eggs are not runny.
- Place omelet onto a plate and then pour pureed avocado over the top.
Ultimate Omelet PDF (38.2 KB)
Combat Tropical Strength Shake
- Combine all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend for 20 to 30 seconds, or until desired consistency.
Combat Tropical Strength Shake PDF (37.5 KB)
Super Hero Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat a baking pan with Pam spray and then place chicken in pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine honey, orange juice, and lemon juice. Pour over chicken.
- Cover pan with tin foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven to flip chicken, and then return it to the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- For a full meal, pair chicken with green vegetables and, depending on your carbohydrate needs, a starch.
Serving Size 2 Servings
Super Hero Chicken PDF (38.2 KB)
Grilled BBQ Flank Steak
- In a mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, pepper, sesame oil, garlic, and sesame seeds.
- Put mixture and flank steak in a Ziploc bag.
- Allow to marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Cook flank steak for 4-5 minutes per side, or until desired temperature.
- For a full meal, pair steak with green vegetables and, depending on your carbohydrate needs, a starch.
Serving Size 2 servings
Grilled BBQ Flank Steak PDF (38.3 KB)