I love protein, but I usually don't expect to receive much of the muscle-building manna from treats, which are usually heavy in carbs, namely sugar; and fat, often saturated. But every so often, I want a sweet hit of protein from a clean treat that will satisfy my deepest cravings. As a result, I'm always on the hunt for protein-packed, nutritious baking recipes. If I can't find one, I'll invent one, like I did with peanut butter protein kisses!
If you're anything like me and enjoy a quick adventure, my peanut butter protein kisses will not disappoint. The recipe is fun, straightforward, and won't take you more than 30 minutes to make. You can bring the kisses to a party as a healthy treat, or freeze them and save them all for yourself.
Whether you save or share, it's hard to go wrong with great flavor, healthy fats, muscle-building protein, and a dose of dark chocolate. Make a batch of kisses yourself and let me know what you think in the comments below!
- 1 scoop Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Elite Protein Series Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
- 1 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/8 cup Splenda
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses
- Wash your hands. Yes, that's important!
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix all ingredients together—except the kisses, of course. A sturdy fork will work in a pinch.
- Spray or grease a large cookie tray.
- Mold dough into 1-1.5 inch balls and place on the cookie tray about 1.5 inches apart.
- Press your thumb in the center of the cookies to flatten the dough and make room for the chocolate kisses.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Take the cookie tray out of the oven, place the chocolate kisses in the center of the cookies, and then put the tray back in the oven for another 2 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool before you share them or devour them all. The chocolate will be hot and messy!
Serving Size (1 cookie)
Recipe yields 18 cookies
Peanut Butter Protein Kisses PDF (80.8 KB)
- The dough shouldn't stick to your fingers when you're molding the cookies because of the oil in the peanut butter, but getting your fingers damp can help.
- Try your own topping variations! You don't have to use kisses. Try Rolos, Reeses, or even eat your cookies topless!