Name: Mark (James) Bechard
Why I Got Started
I decided it was time for a change. I have always been overweight and spent a lot of time in and out of the gym but was never serious about it. I was just not happy with who I was and what I looked like, which led to other issues like depression.
So three things had to happen, first I had to get serious about making my change.
Second I joined BodySpace so I could hold myself more accountable by tracking what I did.
Third for extra support I hired an online trainer and coach … one that is well known throughout the website, Mr. Steve Poynter.
It was like it was all meant to be, I started and progress was immediate. I have never looked back and never want to.
How I Did It
I did ALL of my change through hard work, dedication and being smarter about the diet choices. I made a plan to go to the gym daily and small goals to start with for each month.
I lifted weights like I never lifted before and got more into the cardio portion of the workouts like never before. After the first bit of weight was dropped I started running, something I have never done before.
That really started to burn the calories and fuel the weight loss even more. Once I started to see real physical change I was addicted and had to push harder for more.
Even with all of the changes I have gone through to this point, I am not done. This is just the beginning.
Daily In Each Protein Shake:
- Optimum Nutrition Fitness Fiber: 2 tbsp
3 Times Daily With Larger Meals:
- Optimum Nutrition CLA: 3 gel caps
Pre Workout Lifting Day / Pre Workout Cardio Days:
- Cellucor C4: 2 scoops / 1.5 scoops
Early Evening Lifting Days Only:
- Inner Armour Nitro-Peak Protein: 2 scoops
Meal 1: 7am
Meal 2: Post Workout 10:00-10:30am
Meal 3: 1pm
- 8oz chicken breast
- 3 cups raw spinach salad with ¼ cup carrot sticks or 2 cups sweet potatoes
- 10-15 almonds
- 1 cup yogurt
Meal 4: 3:30pm
Meal 5: 6:30pm
- 6oz red meat shredded or 6oz white fish
- 3 cups raw spinach with ¼ cup reduced fat cheese
- ½ cup brown rice or 1 cup pasta
- 1/2 cup mixed berries
All meals with bottle of water - minimum of 80 oz water daily.
Day 1: Legs/Core
Day 2: Chest/Core
Day 3: Cardio/Core
Day 4: Hamstrings/Back/Shoulders
Day 5: Shoulders/Biceps/Core
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Cardio/Core
Suggestions for Others
- Stay true to yourself.
- Set realistic goals.
- Stay motivated and stay positive.
- Forget the scale - clothes and mirrors never lie.
- Get a plan and stick to it.
- Keep yourself accountable for what you do and your diet plan.
- Keep your friends updated on what you are doing so they can help you keep on track as well.
- Find what works for you.
- Diet fads don't work, gadgets you see on TV are crap so avoid wasting your money on them.
- Get a gym membership and use it.
- Push yourself hard each and every day, that is what this is all about.
I also what to thank my photographer for the great pictures and dealing with me during each photo shoot - Ashley from Ashley Maas Photography. This is a journey that one cannot face alone so thank you all!
|Share This Article: