Weight: 237.4 lbs
Body Fat: 37.4%
Weight: 156.6 lbs
Body Fat: 7.1%
Why I Got Started
I decided to change my life and healthy the day my wife told me that she wanted to have a child. I was 41 at the time and it completely shocked me. There was no way I was mentally or physically ready for this, but how could I say no to my wife?
I have always been overweight but I never realized it until I started using BodySpace. I posted my before pictures and it floored me how bad I looked and felt about myself.
I wrote myself a letter about how I felt physically and how my wife wanted a child. To this day, I still have that letter in my wallet.
How I Did It
Over the years I always lifted weights and had physical jobs so I was already pretty strong. I bought a bunch of supplements and wasted thousands of dollars on the wrong products. I started to do research on Bodybuilding.com about training and nutrition. It wasn't until I came across Stevep78 on BodySpace that things really started to change.
I started taking his tips and applying them to my training. He told me everything to do and I followed his advice to a "t." We did this transformation together. I went from just wanting to loose weight to becoming a bodybuilder. Thank you Bodybuilding.com, BodySpace, all the BodyGroups I belong to, and my wife, who I love.
- Bench Press: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Pec Dec: 2 sets of 10, 8 reps
- Barbell Curl: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Preacher Curls: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Incline Alternate Dumbbell Curls: 2 sets of 10, 8 reps
- Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Bent Over Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Seated Cable Rows: 2 sets of 10, 8 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 5 sets of 8 reps
- Smith Machine Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Front Dumbbell Raises: 2 sets of 10, 8 reps
- Close-Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Skullcrushers: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Triceps Pushdown: 2 sets of 10, 8 reps
- Squats: 5 sets of 10 reps
- Lying Leg Curl: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Seated Leg Curl: 3 sets of 8, 6, 4 reps
- Hack Squat: 3 sets of 10 reps
Day 1: Chest & Biceps
Day 2: Cardio & Abs
Day 3: Back & Calves
Day 4: Cardio & Abs
Day 5: Shoulders & Triceps
Day 6: Cardio & Abs
Day 7: Legs
Suggestions For Others
The combination of heart, desire, will power, and the right guidance will allow you to achieve your fitness goals.