Healthy Recipes: Natalie Hodson's Frozen Spinach Cups
One frozen spinach cup thickens the consistency of your protein shake and adds some necessary vitamins, iron and a whole serving of vegetables. These cups are a convenient and tasty way to boost your nutrient intake!
1 - 6-8oz bag
- Fill blender or food processer 2/3 full with spinach leaves.
- Add approximately 1/2 cup of water for every 2 cups of spinach.
- Blend until spinach is finely-blended with water. Continue adding spinach and water until bag is empty.
- Once spinach is finely blended, pour liquid into muffin tin.
- Fill cups 3/4 full and place tin in freezer.
- Freeze for 3 hours.
- Take tin out of the freezer, pop cups out, and place 4-5 in a Ziploc bag to keep in freezer.
- Use 1-2 per protein shake.
Serving Size 1 Cup
- Follow This Discussion by:
I absolutely LOVE this idea. I always make spinach smoothies and the spinach from Costco goes bad very quickly. I will try this to see if it helps me save and speed up my smoothie making process.