How Did You Get Started?
A friend got me started into working out; he said that I was already ripped, and that I should look for some muscle mass. I had been into sports my whole life, karate, distance running, gymnastics, baseball, you name it, I think I played in it. I've been around sports my whole life; therefore I gave bodybuilding a shot and got hooked.
Click To Enlarge.
I've Been Around Sports My Whole Life; Therefore
I Gave Bodybuilding A Shot And Got Hooked.
Civilian Life To Military Life
What Is The Hardest Part?
The liberties I had as a civilian are not the same as of the military, in regards to uniform wear every day, and customs and courtesies, but the military has great discipline structure that allows you to become very discipline with yourself, and helping me stay focused in this sport. I have become a better person also since joining the military, which makes me feel better about myself and helps me get along better with others.
The Biggest Obstacle In Leading A Military Lifestyle
I don't see the military as an obstacle, I actually feel like the military has helped me become more disciplined in every aspect of my life.
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
Monday - Chest:
- Flat Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Decline Bench Press: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Tuesday - Arms:
- Straight Bar Curls: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Alternate Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Straight Bar 21s: 3 sets of 7, 7, 7 reps
- Skull Crushers: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Bench Press Close-Grip Presses: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- One-Arm Cable Push-Downs: 3 sets of 15 reps
Wednesday - Legs:
- Hack Squats: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Stiff Leg Dead Lifts: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- One-Leg Hamstring Curls: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Abductor Machine: 3 sets of 25 reps
- Seated Calf Raises: 4 sets of 15 reps
- Leg-Press Machine Calf Presses: 4 sets of 15 reps
Friday - Shoulders:
- Military Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Upright Rows: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Barbell Shrugs (Front): 4 sets of 12 reps
- Barbell Shrugs (Back): 4 sets of 12 reps
Saturday - Back:
- Pull-Ups: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Seated Cable Rows: 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Cable Lateral Pull-Downs: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Bent-Over Rows: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Note: I do workout rotations of 3 days on, one day off. It does not matter which day you start your rotation, but you will not do the same workout on the same day, and you will not have the same days off either.
- Wake up, and get ready for work.
- 3/4 Cup Of Oatmeal Cooked In Water
- 1 Cup Green Grapes
- 8oz Of Chicken Breast
- In bed, knocked out.
- Muscle Asylum Project - Arson
- Potassium (aside from multi-vitamin)
- Magnesium (aside from multi-vitamin)
- Zinc (aside from multi-vitamin)
- NO-Shotgun (pre-workout)
- NO-SyntheSize (post-workout)
- Muscle Milk Light (chocolate)
- Vitamin C
- Flaxseed Oil
Future Bodybuilding Plans
I will be competing to qualify for an NPC national show to earn my Pro-Card, I would love to become a PRO, and also to inspire people outside the sport.
One Tip For Other Bodybuilders In The Military
To take advantage of the military fitness discipline and stay focused on your goals, everything is possible if you really want it, and to motivate yourself to live a healthy lifestyle, what bodybuilding is to me.
- 2009 NPC Nationals - Welterweight 5th place
- 2009 NPC USA - Welterweight Champion
- 2009 NPC Jr. Nationals - Welterweight Champion
- 2009 NPC Muscle Mayhem Bodybuilding Championship - Middleweight Champion
- 2008 Cyto Charge Rocky Mountain Championship, Colorado - Won Welterweight class and Overall Championship
Sign Up To Win $50 in Store Credit!