- Branch Of Service: USAF
- Years Of Service: 9
- Rank: SSgt
- MOS: 882 TRG UTM
How Did You Get Started?
I have always had a love for lifting weights since I was about 8 years old, but didn't get real serious until about 2004. At first I just wanted to get some size, and was too chicken to even think about competing, but then a couple years ago I met a couple buddies who were in good shape and we decided that we would try and compete together.
One of my buddies (Matt Robinson) was being trained by a guy out of Oklahoma, named Jeremy Minihan, who I was told was an excellent trainer. After watching my friend's body start to transform from day to day, I was impressed.
So, through a mutual friend, I started training with Jeremy as well, and have been hooked every since. This guy is the best; he provided me with all the training splits, and nutrition plans, as well as the most hardcore workouts I have ever had in my life.
Click Image To Enlarge.
I Have Always Had A Love For Lifting
Weights Since I Was About 8 Years Old.
I have competed in 2 shows and won 1st place as a lightweight at the Luke AFB Arizona Annual Bodybuilding Competition, and 1st place open-lightweight and overall in my first NPC show, The Total Package. If you would like to contact him please go to sizeandshapefitness.com.
Civilian Life To Military Life
What Is The Hardest Part?
To be honest it wasn't very hard for me. I grew up a military brat - my dad served in the USMC for over 23 years so I was used to moving and starting over.
The Biggest Obstacle In Leading A Military Lifestyle
Trying to balance work, training, and family time with my wife.
Day 1: Legs
- Smith Machine Squats: 5 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8, 6 reps
- Leg Press: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 10 reps
- Dumbbell Lunges: 4 sets of 10 reps
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 15, 12, 10 reps
- Lying Leg Curls: 4 sets of 15, 12, 10, 8 reps
- Stiff-Legged Deadlifts: 3 sets of 10, 8, 8 reps
- Seated Leg Curls: 3 sets of 15, 12, 10 reps
Day 2: Chest
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 5 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6, 6 reps
- Barbell Bench Press: 3 sets of 12, 8, 6 reps
- Incline Bench Press: 3 sets of 12, 8, 6 reps
- Cable Crossovers: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Decline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
Day 3: Arms
- Triceps Pushdown: 4 sets of 25, 15, 12, 10 reps
- Rope Pushdowns: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 8 reps
- Skullcrushers: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Dips: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 15, 12, 10 reps
Day 4: Back
- Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets of 20, 15, 12, 10 reps
- Deadlift: 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps
- Close-Grip Pulldowns: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Bent Over Barbell Rows: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
- T-Bar Rows: 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps
Day 5: Shoulders
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 2 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Lateral Raises: 2 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4 reps
- Military Press: 4 sets of 15, 10, 8, 6 reps
- Rear Delt Raises: 3 sets of 20, 15, 12 reps
- Front Dumbbell Raises: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 4 sets of 20, 15, 12, 10 reps
Click Image To Enlarge.Jason Williams.
Future Bodybuilding Plans
Well my 1st goal is to qualify for Nationals, after that I move up to Welterweight for Nationals, and hopefully I can keep honing my skills until I achieve my dream of receiving my pro card.
Click Image To Enlarge.
Hopefully I Can Keep Honing My Skills Until
I Achieve My Dream Of Receiving My Pro Card.
Phil Heath, David Henry (Go USAF), Jay Cutler, Kai Green, Flex Lewis.
One Tip For Other Bodybuilders In The Military
To never give up on your dream, if this is what you really want go at it 100% all day, every day.
You Could Be Our Next Military Bodybuilder Of The Month...
We are proud to introduce a military amateur bodybuilder each month. Service men & women (currently serving or retired) from all over the world!
These great profiles show everything the amateurs have accomplished: how they got started, what life is/was like in the armed forces, their workouts, nutrition plans, supplements they take, and much more.
Are you thinking about participating and becoming a part of an outstanding group of people looking to live a fitter healthier lifestyle? Sign up right here and join the new crew as they begin to share success stories as members of an elite group!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back To Military Bodybuilder Of The Month's Main Page
Back To The Articles Main Page.
Build The Perfect Set Of Shoulders
Larry Williams: The Strongest Teen You've Never Heard Of
Blast Your Back And Biceps! James Grage And Whitney Reid Video Workout