How Did You Get Started?
I got started body building my senior year of high school. I was always that chubby kid in the background and I got tired of it. I joined the military right after high school and continued bodybuilding.
Civilian Life To Military Life
What Is The Hardest Part?
Accountability! You can't ever call in sick or be late. No matter how you feel or what you're doing it gets put on hold if the military says so. Also always having someone telling me what to do even if I don't agree with what they told me.
The Biggest Obstacle In Leading A Military Lifestyle
You never know what you're doing from day to day. It can change in a blink of an eye.
I bodybuild Monday through Friday.
|TERMS YOU'LL NEED TO KNOW|
I work legs and abs on Monday. I do supersets of a
leg workout and then an
- Calf Raises: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
Squats: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
Deadlifts: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
Tuesday is chest and triceps. I also superset
Incline Barbell Bench: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
Flat Dumbbell Bench: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
Incline Dumbbell Bench: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Lat Pulldowns: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Bent Over Rows: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Seated Rows: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Weighted Pull-Ups: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Cable Curls: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Hammer Curls: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Curls: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Preacher Curls: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
Thursday's is shoulders and abs.
- Cable Shrugs: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Barbell Shrugs: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
- Cable Crossovers: 4 sets of 8-15 reps
Friday's I work
problem areas and anything I felt I didn't get a good enough workout on through out the week.
Saturday And Sunday:
Saturday and Sunday I do a CrossFit exercise that I get off
- Run 1 Mile
- Pull-Ups: 1 set of 100 reps
- Push-Ups: 1 set of 200 reps
- Squats: 1 set of 300 reps
- Run 1 Mile
I also do cardio at the end of my workouts through out the week. Example: Running and riding a stationary bike for 20-40 minutes.
Future Bodybuilding Plans
To maybe one day compete. I would also like to open my own CrossFit gym in the future.
One Tip For Other Bodybuilders In The Military
You can achieve any goal you reach for. The sky is the limit.
Sign Up To Win $50 in Store Credit!