Resolve has been designed to increase your mental and physical energy levels prior to working out through a number of different pathways to ensure optimal training results.
Getting You In The Mood
There are a number of ingredients in Resolve that act on the cellular level in muscle and on the peripheral and central nervous system to increase physical and mental drive and energy so youâ€™re mentally and physically ready to train. These same ingredients stimulate you while youâ€™re training to help keep your energy level higher and fatigue lower: Caffeine, Guarana extract, Green Tea Extract, Theobroma Cocoa Complex, Panax Ginseng Extract, Wheat Germ Extract, Kola Nut Extract,
Decreasing Mental Fatigue
In addition to focusing on the causes of muscle fatigue, recent research has also centered on mental fatigue during exercise. This is commonly called central fatigue because it results from impaired function of the central nervous system. Although central fatigue does not affect your muscles directly, it can reduce your capacity to perform. Increasing neurotransmitter levels also decreases perceived exertion. The result is more focused and productive training sessions.
Ingredients increasing neurotransmitter levels, increasing CNS energy, increasing well-being, and decreasing central fatigue: L-Phenylalanine, L-Tyrosine, DMAE (dimethylaminoethanol), taurine, caffeine .
Increasing Anaerobic & Aerobic Energy Levels & Decreasing Muscle Fatigue
There are various ingredients in Resolve that will increase both glycolytic and Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle (TCA cycle,
Krebâ€™s Cycle) flux and thus increase the availability of ATP both aerobically and anaerobically. These increases result in you having more energy to perform better and longer while youâ€™re training and/or competing. The increased energy availability results in an increased muscle cell growth and fat loss and improved recovery.
Ingredients for increasing TCA cycle flux, mitochondrial function, gluconeogenesis and aerobic and anaerobic neuromuscular energy include: Potassium succinate, L-Carnitine fumarate, L-Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate, L-Arginine-aspartate, Asparagine, Calcium Pyruvate, Inosine, Alanine (gluconeogenic substrate, ammonia carrier and anticatabolic amino acid).
Increasing Nutrient Delivery To Working Muscle By Enhancing Nitric Oxide Levels
Increasing nitric oxide levels during training increases oxygen and nutrient delivery to muscle and results in increased training effects and recovery. A special proprietary blend of
Arginine alpha ketoglutarate and arginine aspartate results in a significant increase in NO production while you train.
BONUS: The Benefits Of Training The Anaerobic Energy Systems
By: John Berardi
While training the anaerobic energy systems is clearly be of benefit for enhancing athletic performance, there are many other non-athletic benefits as well:
- This type of training is very calorie expensive. Short, 30-minute workouts can burn in excess of 400kcal during the exercise. While carbohydrates provide much of the fuel used during the high intensity interval, fat is also burned preferentially during the low intensity aerobic recovery period between the high intensity intervals.
- The post exercise calorie expenditure is huge with this type of exercise. In some studies the resting metabolic rate remains elevated (by 15% or more) up to 24 hours after the workout. Interestingly, after exercise the body preferentially burns fat so this elevated metabolism is burning predominantly fat.
- This exercise leads to an up regulation of aerobic, anaerobic, and ATP-PC enzyme activity. This means that all the energy systems of the body will operate at higher levels and become efficient at burning calories and generating energy.
- The muscles used during this type of exercise will change their composition, shifting toward an increased percentage of fast twitch fibers. This increase in power-producing fast fibers comes at the expense of the weaker slow twitch ones. The shift is desired as the fast fibers grow more easily than the slow fibers.
- There is an increase in specific muscle cell organelles (i.e. the sarcoplasmic reticulum). This leads to a better calcium balance and contractile ability.
- There are short-lived increases in blood testosterone (38%) and growth hormone concentrations immediately after exercise. While this is debatable, these changes may contribute to an anabolic state in the body.
- Seidl R, Peyrl A, Nicham R, Hauser E. A taurine and caffeine-containing drink stimulates cognitive performance and well-being. Amino Acids. 2000;19(3-4):635-42.