Whey Protein, Creatine & Glutamine Combo
Whey Protein and Creatine Combo Study
Researchers from St. Francis Xavier University in Nova Scotia, Canada, tested various strength and muscle parameters including lean body mass, bench press and squat one rep max strength and knee extension/flexion power in 36 males during and after six weeks of resistance training.
- Supplementing their diet with nothing (placebo), or
- With either whey protein or
- Whey protein plus creatine monohydrate.
The study found that the group that used both whey and creatine had a greater increase in lean mass and bench press strength than the other two groups. Knee extension power also increased in the combination and whey groups, but not in the placebo group.
There was no difference in the rest of the parameters measured.
|The important message from this study is that the increase in lean mass was greater when whey protein and creatine monohydrate were used together than if only one was used.|
Whey Protein Isolate, Creatine and Glutamine Combo Study
Another recent study found that creatine and glutamine supplementation significantly increase lean body mass and strength. And yet another found that whey protein isolate supplements increased glutathione (the most important endogenous antioxidant and immune system enhancer).
Power Drink contains large amounts of whey protein isolate, as well as creatine monohydrate and glutamine. Not only that, but it also contains several other ingredients meant to maximize training results.
By maximizing the anabolic and fat-burning effects of exercise and increasing training energy and intensity, Power Drink is a powerful training supplement.
- Burke DG, Chilibeck PD, Davidson KS, Candow DG, Farthing J, Smith-Palmer T. The effect of whey protein supplementation with and without creatine monohydrate combined with resistance training on lean tissue mass and muscle strength. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2001 Sep;11(3):349-64.
- Lehmkuhl M, Malone M, Justice B, Trone G, Pistilli E, Vinci D, Haff EE, Kilgore JL, Haff GG. The effects of 8 weeks of creatine monohydrate and glutamine supplementation on body composition and performance measures. J Strength Cond Res. 2003 Aug;17(3):425-38.
- Middleton N, Jelen P, Bell G. Whole blood and mononuclear cell glutathione response to dietary whey protein supplementation in sedentary and trained male human subjects. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2004 Mar;55(2):131-41.
Mohr Research Articles!