Weight: 200 lbs
Body Fat: 26%
Weight: 165 lbs
Body Fat: 4-5%
Why I Got Started
I was out of shape and couldn't really do much at all. After suffering a back injury while playing high school football I just sat around and ate corndogs for an entire summer. I had really gotten out of shape and had always been really active so it hit pretty hard when I found myself so "relaxed." My older brothers could see this and purchased me a membership at 24 Hour Fitness.
I would work out with my older brothers every chance I could get. Since they were older and stronger they pushed me to reach their level. We still work out from time to time and I always will look up to them for advice and guidance. After several years of working out, going on 12 years now without missing more than a week at a time, I finally decided to compete. This is where I found my place.
I entered my first competition and won first place in 2005. After that I was hooked on competing. Over the last five years I have competed in ten competitions coming in the top five in each show, winning two overalls. Staying natural has also been a big aspect of my bodybuilding endeavor. With many organizations devoting themselves to natural bodybuilding and quality supplements available on the market, staying natural has proven less difficult a decision. My goal is to become a top natural pro bodybuilder and spread the sport of natural bodybuilding and health throughout the world.
How I Did It
I accomplished my goals through mainly hard work, dedication, and discipline. Along the way my best friend, Tuan Tran, whom I went to high school and college with, and whom graduated with a degree from University of Houston in Kinesiology and Nutrition. He helped push me to levels far beyond anything I could have imagined. Through a dedicated diet and exercise program I was able to far exceed my goals of getting in shape. I can't imagine my life without working out now, it has become such an integral part and I don't know where I'd be without it.
I stuck with mainly the basics, protein powders, a fat burner, and a multivitamin. Currently I endorse a pre-workout mix before hitting the gym, such as an NO product. There are many quality products on the market now which can push natural bodybuilders to higher levels of physique development without going the alternate route of using performance enhancing drugs. Staying natural is the way to go.
Meal 1: 6:00 AM
Meal 2: 8:00 AM
Meal 3: 10:30 AM
Meal 4: 1:00 PM
Meal 5: 3:30 PM
Meal 6: 5:30 PM
Meal 7: 8:00 PM
- Monday: Back and Biceps
- Tuesday: Shoulders and Traps
- Wednesday: Legs
- Thursday: Abs and Calves
- Friday: Chest and Triceps
- Weekend: Abs and Cardio
Monday - Back And Biceps
- Dumbbell Rows: 10 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Wide Grip Cable Pull Downs: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Close Grip Cable Pull Downs: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Preacher Curls: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Alternate Dumbbell Curls: 6 Sets Of 15-10 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Chris Heitman's Monday Workout.
Tuesday - Shoulders And Traps
- Lateral Dumbell Raises: 6 Sets Of 30-10 Reps
- Front Dumbell Raises: 6 Sets Of 30-10 Reps
- Rear Delts Raise: 6 Sets Of 30-10 Reps
- Dumbell Shrugs: 6 Sets Of 10 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Chris Heitman's Tuesday Workout.
Wednesday - Leg Day
- Hack Squats: 6 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Leg Press: 6 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Dumbell Lunges: 6 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Leg Extensions: 4 Sets Of 25 Reps
- Leg Curls: 4 Sets Of 25 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Chris Heitman's Wednesday Workout.
Thursday - Abs And Calves
- Calve Extensions On Leg Press: 10 Sets Of 25-100 Reps
- Calve Machine: 5 Sets Of 25-100 Reps
- Stair Stepper: 1 Set On Level One And Work Calves For 15 Minutes.
- Leg Raises: 5 Sets Of 15 Reps To Each Side And 20 Reps To Middle
- Machine Crunches: 5 Sets Of 50 Reps
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Chris Heitman's Thursday Workout.
Friday - Chest And Triceps
- Dumbell Flat Bench: 10 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Dumbell Incline Bench: 4 Sets Of 10 Reps
- Cable Flyes: 5 Sets Of 15 Reps
- Behind The Head Dumbbell Tricep Extensions: 5 Sets Of 15-10 Reps
- Cable Tricep Extensions: 5 Sets Of 15 Reps For Each Arm
Click Here For A Printable Log Of Chris Heitman's Friday Workout.
Weekend - Cardio And Abs
Suggestions For Others
Stay positive and focused. Be patient and take your time. Find ways to incorporate fitness and a healthy lifestyle into your everyday routine. Don't get deterred if you don't see progress right away, keep pushing onto greater things in the future. Use the gym as an oasis not as something you dread. If you don't like going to the gym find other activities that integrate fitness into your life.