Today you have a back and biceps workout to complete and 26-30 minutes of cardio after your workout. First, I want to talk about nutritional supplements in more detail.
For an overview on supplements and how they fit into your Lean Body Challenge, review the information in the Supplements Video at the beginning of this series.
Week 2, Day 10 Back & Biceps!
Watch the video: 7:07
While protein supplements definitely are a convenient way to boost up your overall protein intake, I want you to always remember that you shouldn't regularly replace whole food with them, but rather use them when you have no other easy options or you want to supplement your main meals.
Ideally you want to use a whey protein powder right before and right after your workout.
Whey Protein is absorbed very quickly and helps your muscles recover from weight training. For later on in the day between meals, choose a protein powder with a blend of different types of protein like Whey, Casein, Egg and Soy. Meal Replacement Products and Ready To Drink Protein Shakes are usually made from a blend of these types of proteins.
By blending different types of protein, this type of protein powder will be digested much more slowly in the body and supply amino acids to your muscles for an extended period of time. It's the amino acids that help your body develop lean muscle tissue.
Note: You may also want to consider taking Branched Chain Amino Acids before and after your workout. These will provide specific amino acids that are really helpful for performing intense exercises.
To find more information on specific Supplements visit Bodybuilding.com.
A Typical Daily Supplementation Program
- At breakfast take your Multivitamin.
- You may use Digestive Enzymes with any larger meal during the day. These are going to ensure that your body processes all the foods you eat easily and effectively.
- Before your weightlifting workouts have a small Whey Protein Shake.
- You may want to take 5 grams of Creatine Monohydrate with your shake, as Creatine supports muscular strength, energy and endurance.
- If at this point you require extra energy, try a cup of Coffee.
- After your weight lifting workouts have another small Whey Protein Shake, plus a fast carbohydrate such as a Banana.
- Also, consider taking 5 grams of Glutamine, an amino acid that helps with recovery.
This combination of a quickly absorbed protein, fast acting carbs, and Glutamine will help your body recover quickly from intense exercise and it'll also kick start lean muscle growth. If you can get your supplement regimen working with this well planned diet, you really will be unstoppable with your personal transformation.
- Minutes 1-2: Level One (Easy resistance)
- Minutes 3-5: Level Two (Moderate resistance)
- Minutes 6-9: Level Three (Difficult resistance)
- Minutes 10-11: Level Two
- Minutes 12-15: Level Three
- Minutes 16-17: Level Two
- Minutes 18-21: Level Three
- Minutes 22-24: Level Two
- Minutes 25-26: Level One
Tomorrow you'll be gearing up for another chest, shoulders, and triceps workout!