Curried Lentil Soup
- 1 Tb. Olive oil
- 1 Cup of onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbs. Curry powder
- 2 14-1/2 ounce cans fat free
- Reduced fat sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups of lentils, uncooked
- 1 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 4 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Easy on salt
- In a large saucepan, heat oil; saute onion and garlic until soft. Stir in curry
- Powder; saute 1 minute.
- Add broth, water, tomatoes, lentils, carrots and optional wine; simmer, covered, until lentils are cooked, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in parsley: simmer 5 minutes. Serve with small piece of sourdough bread. Tastes great on a wintry day.
Curried Lentil Soup PDF (206 KB)
Italian Broiled Salmon
- 3 lemons
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 table spoons of butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 15 & 1/2-ounce cans Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat broiler. Spray broiler pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Cut 1 lemon into 6 slices.
- Place salmon and lemon slices on prepared pan, skin-side up.
- Broil 5 inches from heat, turning once, until fish flaked with a fork (12 to 13 minutes).
- Meanwhile, grate peel on remaining 2 lemons and reserve the juice.
- Combine lemon peel and parsley in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in a 10- inch skillet until sizzling: add garlic.
- Cook over medium high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons lemon peel mixture and beans. Continue cooking until heated through. 4 to 5 minutes.
- To serve, place fish, lemons and bean mixture on serving plate: sprinkle with lemon peel and parsley.
- Drizzle with reserve lemon juice.
Italian Broiled Salmon PDF (113 KB)
Sganzini Chicken Special
- 6-8 Boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1" cubes
- 2-6 oz jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup sliver almonds
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1/2 tsp chicken bullion granules
- Heat skillet and add juice from artichoke hearts. Brown chicken.
- Add white wine, chicken bouillons, and artichoke hearts.
- When fully cooked, add kalamata olives, almonds & cranberries.
- Garnish with feta cheese.
- Serve warm over rice or cold over spinach or romaine lettuce.
Sganzini Chicken Special PDF (110 KB)