Rest up as Kris talks about common mistakes he sees in the gym and why you should avoid them!
Week 7, Day 47: Common Mistakes In The Gym
- Don't go straight into your working sets, even if you are feeling good or are strapped for time.
- Warming up helps get proper blood flow for increased muscle performance, and is good for preventing serious injuries.
- Don't hold your breath while lifting!
- You need adequate oxygen in your brain and muscles to maintain muscle performance and fight fatigue.
- Breathe IN when you are lowering the weight back to the starting position, and breathe OUT when you are lifting the weight.
Heavy Lifting For Women
- Lifting heavy won't make you a bulking beast, ladies.
- Lifting heavy increases muscle density, resulting in an increased metabolism and lean muscle.
- Women naturally do not put on mass like men do, so don't worry about lifting heavy and pushing yourself!
- Never cut them out!
- The body needs complex carbohydrates for energy and to keep your metabolism going.
- Don't overdo it - a ton of cardio won't mean faster results. It may work in the short term, but in the long term could hurt your metabolism, so be patient and remember that quality is more important than quantity.