There's plenty of things for you to do on your rest days - find out how to make them interesting and keep up with your program!
Week 7, Day 44: Staying Active And Focused On Off Days
Tips For This Rest Day
Don't Be Bored
- Rest days don't have to be sedentary. A boring day is a quick way to cravings, cheating, and getting out of your routine.
- Novel (new) activities done outside your normal training are great ways to keep your program fresh. Make sure your physical activity stays fun by doing something new every now and then.
- Regardless of what you decide to fill your time with, make sure to find something to focus on - a lack of focus can be the biggest obstacle to staying on track.
Rest Day Activities
- Outdoor activities such as mountain biking, road cycling or hiking are awesome if you're looking to get some fresh air and get away from your busy schedule.
- Activities such as swimming, hot yoga, racquetball, or basketball are often available at your gym - you don't have to go far to try something new!
- Participating in activities on your rest day doesn't have to be done by yourself. Go with your children, significant other or your friends. Your social life and fitness don't have to be separate.
Get Some Shut-Eye
- Enjoy yourself, but rememember to get plenty of sleep!
- This is your day for recovery, and recovery requires proper sleep.
Keep In Mind
- You may feel tired on your rest days, so don't overdo it on the activities. Your diet is clean, your training is consistent, so it's natural to feel tired on your rest days.
- Your diet and supplementation does not change, so make sure to keep those two things in-line with your plan.