Today's focus is shoulders, calves and abs, but Kris also talks about what to do if your metabolism slows down!
Week 7, Day 43: Shoulders, Calves & Abs
Shoulders, Calves, and Abs
Tips For This Workout Day
- If you're feeling strong, you don't necessarily always have to do Giant Sets or Supersets. You can use Straight Sets to focus on building strength - just make sure to push yourself and go for a personal best!
Boosting Your Metabolism
- If you are experiencing less-than-normal weight loss, you may need to adjust your diet to make sure you maintain consistent results.
- Try decreasing your carb intake per meal by 1/4 cup - this means you will consume 3/4 cup oats for breakfast, 1/2 cup of rice or potato for the next 4 meals, and 3/4 cup of vegetables for your last meal of the day.
- Cayenne Pepper and Ginger are great spices to add to your meals. They are tasty, exciting, and support the body's thermogenesis and metabolism!
- When lifting heavy or on your last few sets, controlled swinging is permissible ONLY if you make sure to focus on exercising your target muscles.
- Try to avoid controlled cheating as much as possible to prevent injury and maximize your target muscle performance.
- Use a hammer grip to change up the exericse.
- REMEMBER, your rep range is for BOTH arms. For example, if the rep range is 10-12, this means your total alternating reps will be 20-24.
- Use a wide grip to target the rear delts.
Calf Raises/Modified Crunches Superset
- Complete the full contraction and range of motion for calf raises - this will make sure your calves develop a full and toned look.
- Incorporate leg raises into your crunches for increased resistance and a tightened mid-section.