Get your legs ready for a great workout today and learn how to incorporate BCAAs into your program and fight catabolism!
Week 6, Day 40: Legs
Superset: See video for explanation
Tips For This Workout Day
- Since today is an intense leg day full of supersets, make sure to properly warm up!
- Keep your ego out of the gym! As you target your fat as energy (a lesser energy source), you might experience fatigue in the gym. Keep lifting even if you feel weaker. Maintaining intensity will mean results.
- Consider taking 5 grams of BCAAs in the morning, pre-workout, post-workout, and before bed to fight catabolism.
- Because we are focusing on leaning up, try decreasing your post-workout carbohydrate (such as Vitargo) to one scoop.
Leg Press/Squats Superset
- Mentally prepare yourself before doing high weight reps so you don't psych yourself out!
- Your hamstrings should be parallel to the floor at the bottom of the repetition. Focus on making a 90-degree angle with your legs.
Standing Leg Curl
- Remember to do slow, controlled reps until near failure, and then do 10 quick, controlled reps.
- Use a lifting belt for added support and safety.
Unilateral Leg Extension
- Focuses on individual quad development.