Kris Gethin talks about overtraining and hits the gym for an intense chest and triceps workout!
Week 5, Day 33: Chest & Triceps
Chest and Triceps
Tips For This Workout Day
Quality Over Quantity
- There's no need to spend multiple hours in the gym every day. Results don't just come from gym time - they also come from rest time. This is why it's important to work hard in the gym, then allow yourself the time to recover! Overtraining can result in catabolism, burnout and unsatisfying results.
Mind Over Matter
- It's easy to psych yourself out when you are lifting heavy. Commonly, people don't get in the right mindset when pushing themselves, so make sure to tell yourself you can do it - you'll be suprised by what you can accomplish!
- Try squeezing the muscles you are working at the apex (peak) of your rep - this can help with toned muscle development.
- Drop your elbows at the end of each rep to isolate the center of the chest with the pause and squeeze technique. If you fail, finish with some partial reps!
- Try bringing a book with you to read while you do your cardio. Cardio doesn't have to be monotonous!
Pre & Post-Workout Supplements