For your rest day, Kris Gethin goes over the importance of protein and how to use it during your 12 Week Trainer for results!
Week 4, Day 27: Importance Of Protein
- It isn't a meal unless there's protein!
- Protein helps repair and build muscle and is necessary for recovery.
- Aim to eat around 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day.
Taking Your Protein: Best Practices
- Morning Meal - Egg Whites
- Mid-Day Meals - Chicken and Turkey Breasts
- Pre-Workout Meal - Fish
- Post-Workout Meal - Protein Powder
- Evening Meal - Steak