If you're feeling confused about the amount of carbs Kris recommends you eat, don't worry. Today Kris is clearing up the record on carbs in this transformation.
Week 3, Day 21: Clearing Up Carb Confusion
Carbs Are Good
- Carbs are your body's preferred source of energy and they help to keep your metabolism firing at all times.
- Keep carbs in your diet during your entire transformation - cutting them out will result in cravings and energy crashes.
- Carbs replenish glycogen stores which gives you energy you need while exercising.
There are two different types of carbs – fast-burning and slow-burning.
- The majority of the carbs that you'll be eating during your transformation is slow burning carbs like oatmeal, brown rice and sweet potatoes.
- Fast burning carbs can be good for post workout, but for the most part you want to stay away from them because they are more likely to be found in sugary substances.
How To Use Your Carbs
- You should slowly lower the amount of carbs you consume as you go through the transformation, but it should be at specific times.
- If you do not see results for a week straight, then you may want to reduce your carbs by 1/3 for each meal. You may also remove your carbs from the last couple of meals because you won't need them before going to bed.