Kris is getting ready to travel once again. Check out these great tips on packing all your supplies and on getting your meals in while on the road.
Week 3, Day 18: Eating While Traveling
- Always prepare the food you'll need while traveling the night before.
- Divide your food as you normally would, but place it in Ziploc bags and freeze it - this will allow for easy packing and prevent the food from spoiling.
- Call the hotel in advance to make sure there is a refrigerator in your room and a workout facility available
- If you are scheduled to meet new people or have long meetings, contact someone and let them know about your meal schedules so they can best accomodate you.
- Remember airport security is suspicious of powders and liquids so put your supplements in your checked bag.
Control Your Environment
- You can get your cardio in by going up and down the stairwell of the hotel.
- Work your schedule around your eating times, not vice versa.
- Eat every 2-3 hours to keep your metabolism cranking.
- Eat on time even if you're traveling or in meetings - it may be inconvenient or awkward, but you have to focus on yourself in these situations.
- Don't give into peer pressure and eat at restaurants. You can go to socialize, just bring your own food.