It's time to let your exhausted muscles take a break from the gym. But rest days are not days off from your program! You've got to focus on getting the perfect fuel into your body, prepping for your next workout and firing your metabolism.
But that double-bacon-cheeseburger or slice of pepperoni pizza might start to look really tasty this week. Get Kris's expert tips to fight your food cravings so you're a winner in the end!
Week 2, Day 13: Fight Off Cravings & Burn Fat While Eating Out
Cravings can attack any person at any time - no one on a diet is immune. But indulge once and you could find yourself back to your old habits and ruining all your progress.
Today, Kris has the perfect strategy for fighting cravings and choosing the perfect fuel even if you eat out with friends! There's never an excuse to break your diet - and Kris will show you why!
How To Say Goodbye To Cravings
- Eat every 2-3 hours. When you aren't hungry, you won't have food cravings.
- Eat complex carbohydrates and lean protein in every meal. These foods digest slowly to keep your metabolism stable.
- Craving chocolate? Try a chocolate flavored protein shake to give you the taste without the unnecessary calories.
- Drink 1-2 gallons of water throughout the day. Try adding some Xtend to it. You'll get a nice flavor and it will keep you feeling full.
- Avoid eating sugary foods. Your blood sugar levels will spike and your body will want to maintain that level with sugary foods.
- Avoid fruits. They are healthy, but are also full of sugar.
- Eat green vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus, lettuce, spinach and cabbage. They're low in calories and high in vitamins.
How To Get Fat-Burning Meals At Restaurants
Bring your own food when you go out to eat with friends. If you can't bring your own food or you get caught without a meal try these tips:
- At restaurants, try checking menus for plain chicken or steak that is grilled and not fried.
- Request a few more napkins to absorb any extra oils on your food.
- Measure your portion size against your fist. Any extra you can take home for another meal or give it to someone else.
- Drink water, coffee or tea. Coffee and tea shouldn't have any added sugar or cream.
- Don't forget to do your daily cardio.