Mark Dugdale and Branch Warren are here to help you and Kris get an intense squat and shoulder workout!
Week 10, Day 68: Legs & Shoulders
Legs and Shoulders
Tips For This Workout Day
Lift For You
- You want to push yourself in the gym, but don't lift so much weight that you could injure yourself or improperly perform the exercises - find a weight that works for you.
- This exercise is useful for anyone who has or has had back issues - it helps to straighten and strengthen your back, while working those quads!
- Place the rack safety bars in a position that allows you to squat for about 6-8 inches.
- Rack squats promote quad strength and torso/core strength.
One-Arm Shoulder Press
- Hold onto something such as a squat rack, for stability.
- This exercise helps isolate the shoulder and promote the mind-muscle connection.
Today's Giant Set
- For weight, lift your heaviest during side dumbbell raises, lighter during leaning dumbbell raises, and lightest during side cable raises.