Kris Gethin 12-Week Daily Video Trainer - Week 1: Day 3!
It's your first rest day on Kris Gethin's 12 week transformation program. Make sure to stretch and do your cardio. Plus, join Kris as he goes shopping for clean, lean foods that will fuel your transformation diet. Learn how to navigate the grocery store to get only the best foods for your nutrition plan.
Week 1, Day 3: Nutrition And Shopping list
Watch The Video - 11:41
12 Week Hardcore Daily Trainer Shopping List
(PDF 137 KB)
Expert Nutrition Advice – Learn The Ropes
Don't Be Afraid Of Carbs
- Carbs are your body's preferred energy source and consuming the right types of carbs will keep your metabolism firing at its optimal level.
- During your transformation, you should eat slow digesting carbs which are oats, rice and sweet potatoes/yams.
- If you prefer your rice to be more moist, reach for the short grain.
The Types Of Meat You Should Eat
- When buying poultry reach for the breast – you'll get a much leaner cut.
- You want to get lean sources of meat so reach for the lean cuts of beef such as the eye of round.
- If you have a meat grinder at home you can grab the eye of round roast to make your own lean ground beef.
- Beef tenderloin can tend to have a lot of visible fat but if you cut that away you're left with good lean meat.
- Tilapia doesn't have much of a taste – so if you don't like the fishy taste, tilapia may be the perfect type of fish for you.
Be Prepared – Proper Food Preparation
- Cook all your meals for the following day so you can easily grab them in the morning.
- If you don't already have some, buy tupperware containers so you can transport your food.
- Measure your food portions with a food scale, or compare it to the size of your fist for quick and easy measuring.
- If your food is too bland, add some spices such as ginger or cayenne pepper.
- Grilling your food will reduce the amount of fat you have to drain away while cooking, and will prevent the fat from being absorbed back into it.
- Use a cooking spray rather than butter while cooking to prevent large amount of fats to your diet.
Additional Tips To See Results
- Eat before you go shopping so you don't buy based on hunger.
- Keep fiber in your diet to remain regular and keep your metabolism firing.
- Carry a gallon size jug of water with you – this will ensure you are getting enough water throughout the day.
- Coffee is not required for this transformation, but if you need that extra energy boost it may help.
Don't Forget Your Cardio!
- Even though this is a rest day make sure you do your cardio in the morning and evening.
- Follow This Discussion by: