Main | Training | Nutrition | Recipes | Supplements | Start Program
Most of my diets work through the simple reduction of carbohydrates. I do that because I never want to reduce my protein intake, and my fat intake needs to stay moderate to keep testosterone levels up. That leaves carbs as the best source of food to cut in an effort to drop calories and body fat.
For those who like having a loaded baked potato, mound of rice, or pasta on the side of your steak, fish, or chicken breast, going low carb can be tough. This is especially true at lunch when many of you would like to grab a good ol' turkey sandwich. But this tasty alternative will help you forget that lunchmeat was ever designed to go between two slices of bread.
It's easy to make, and delicious. You can have it hot or cold.
Turkey Swiss Melt
- 4 slices (4 oz) low-fat deli turkey breast.
- 2 slices low-fat Swiss cheese (or any low-fat cheese you prefer)
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour oil in frying pan and heat on medium-low heat.
- While oil is heating, lay turkey slices on a flat surface.
- Slice each slice of cheese into 4 strips.
- Slice the half avocado into 4 long pieces.
- Place one strip of cheese in the middle of each slice of turkey breast.
- Place one piece of avocado on top of each strip of cheese.
- Place a second strip of cheese on top of the avocado.
- Roll the turkey into a tube.
- Place turkey rolls in frying pan until brown and then flip over and brown other side. Cheese should be slightly melted and the avocado soft.
- Take rolls out of pan, add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!