Hello Fitness Friends! Many of you request to know a list of my favorite Super Foods!
You may be shocked to know that some of them are:
- Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
- Green Tea Extract
- Steal Cut Oats
- Sweet Potato
- Bee Pollen Granules
- And yes, asparagus!
But why these foods? Well I can go on and on about the super properties of these foods and how they boost your immune systems, rev up your metabolism, some help fight off and kill bacteria, and are chock full of life giving properties!
My secrets go way beyond the "calorie counting" reasoning of most other "fitness gurus."
I eat foods that give me life, energy, stamina, and endurance. And my energy level shows it! I have endless potential to get all the things done in my busy life, and I enjoy waking up in the morning with a spring in my step!
And as a gift to all of my fitness friends please enjoy some of my favorite recipes using some of my favorite Super Foods!
JNL's Coconut Chicken Finger Salad
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
- 4 cups mixed greens
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Cut the chicken into strips and set aside. Mix coconut flakes and ground almonds together on a dinner plate.
- In a medium-size bowl, beat the egg. Dip the chicken strips in the egg and roll each strip in the coconut-flax mixture.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the chicken strips until completely opaque through the center.
- Sever over a bed of mixed greens with Lemon-Olive Oil Dressing or your favorite vinaigrette.
JNL's Coconut Chicken Finger Salad PDF (114 KB)
JNL's Grilled Orange Sweet Potatoes
- 1 sweet potato, cut lengthwise into 4 wedges per potato
- 1 tsp. oil, optional
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 Tbsps. orange juice
- 2 Tbsps. water
- 2 Tbsps. Organic Honey
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Place potatoes in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Cover pan and steam 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Brush with oil, if desired. Spray grill with nonstick spray.
- Place potatoes, cut sides down on rack. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Grill potatoes 5 minutes on each side, or until tender, basting with orange juice mixture.
JNL's Grilled Orange Sweet Potatoes PDF (113 KB)
Zesty & Lemony Asparagus
- 1-1/2 lbs. asparagus, tough ends discarded, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tsp. unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsps. lemon juice
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Cover saucepan and steam 5-7 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- Rinse under cold water. Drain thoroughly and transfer to a serving bowl. Add remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste and toss.
Zesty & Lemony Asparagu PDF (113 KB)