To me, there's nothing more useful or yummy than an awesome protein bar. This one doesn't just taste great—it's also loaded with healthy ingredients, including almond meal, whey protein powder, cinnamon, egg whites and fat-free cottage cheese.
I love bars because they're not only a great stay-at-home snack but also the perfect grab-and-go alternative. So join me in the kitchen. This will be fun!
Low-Carb Apple Cinnamon Protein Bars Recipe
- 4 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup Stevia (raw) or Xylitol (increase carb count by 1g)
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium apple - grated (large holes)
- Spray an 8x8 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine protein powder, almond meal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine egg whites, no-cal sweetener, cottage cheese and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated and then add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix again.
- Fold in grated apple and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Serving Size (1 square)
Jamie's Apple Cinnamon Protein Bar Recipe PDF (38.5 KB)