Who doesn't love waking up to a short stack of hotcakes? These pumped-up pancakes use unsweetened applesauce instead of oil, and the addition of Greek yogurt and whey gives them a protein kick while keeping the total calorie count low. So have two cakes; you've earned them!
Vanilla protein powder
Coconut sugar (or any low-cal sweetener)
Unsweetened almond milk
- In a large bowl, mix oat flour, protein powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix almond milk, yogurt, applesauce, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined.
- Use a 1/4-cup measuring scoop to measure out each pancake and pour onto a preheated skillet.
- Cook approximately 2 minutes on each side.
Tip: I recommend adding a little bit of extra protein alongside these pancakes to make a complete meal, such as two egg whites or a homemade chicken or turkey sausage patty. If you're looking to prep an easy breakfast for the week ahead, these are great! The pancakes freeze well and can be reheated in the toaster.
Serving size: 2 pancakes
Recipe yields: 14 servings
Recommended For You
Later, Alfredo. Drape your pasta dish with this guilt-free, protein-packed sauce instead.
Skip the fat- and sugar-filled frappe and opt for this protein-fueled dark chocolate mocha instead!
Tired of scanning the store shelves for the perfect peanut butter? Churn your own protein nut butter and customize your flavors using these recipes as a guideline!