Name: James Lopes
Why I Got Started
My health was on a downward spiral. I had a decision to make. Stop everything I was doing to my body or I wasn't going to be around much longer ... So, 3 years ago is when I truly got started.
How I Did It
At that time, I joined the local YMCA and started on the treadmill. From there I started with the weights.
A steady progression with cardio and more bodybuilding style training was taking place. I haven't looked back since!
Click To Enlarge.
A Steady Progression With Cardio And More
Bodybuilding Style Training Was Taking Place.
After Workouts/Before Bed:
- Dymatize Whey Protein Isolate: 2 scoops/1 scoop
During Cardio Sessions Only/Sipping Throughout The Day:
- Scivation Xtend: 4 scoops in 20oz.of water/4 scoops in a gallon of water
Three Times A Day For 6 Days (1 day off):
- USPLabs Prime: 3 caps
Only On Weight Training Days And High/Medium Carb Cycling Days:
- Gaspari Nutrition SizeOn Maximum Performance: 1 serving
Here is a sample of a high carb day:
- 2 scoops Dymatize Whey Protein Isolate
All movements are preceded with 1-2 warm up sets of 12-15 reps. Abs are usually done during cardio only workouts.
Day 1: Legs
- Squats or Leg Press: 3 sets of 4-8 reps
- Push Press: 3 sets of 4-8 reps
- Dumbbell Lunges: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Leg Curls: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Day 2: Chest
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 4-8 reps
- Wide Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Dips: 3 sets to failure
- Low Cable Flyes: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Day 3: Back
- Deadlifts: 3 sets of 4-8 reps
- Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 6-10 reps
- Dumbbell Rows: 3 sets of 6-10 reps
- Weighted Hyperextensions: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Day 4: Shoulders/Traps
- Smith Machine Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Side Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Rear Delt Bent Laterals: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs: 3 sets of 6-10 reps
Day 5: Arms
- Standing Barbell Curl: 3 sets of 4-8 reps
- Standing Dumbbell Curls: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
- Standing Rope/Hammer Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Overhead Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
- Dips: 3 sets to failure
Days 6 and 7: Rest/Cardio
Suggestions For Others
If you're at the point of thinking about competing, then I strongly suggest you find a reputable trainer/nutritionist to help guide you through the process.
The last thing you would want is for all of your hard work to be for not, by not really knowing how to diet down. Bodybuilding.com has been a great source for me in filling the gaps before I found a trainer in my area.
|Share This Article: