How To Become Successful And Live Your Dream
It has been said that desire is the starting point of all achievement, and I tend to agree. If you want to accomplish something, it can't just be a hope, a dream, or a wish. It must be a burning desire that can often be described as an uncontrollable obsession. It must be a thought that transcends everything else. It must dominate your thoughts as well as fuel your passion and drive.
Most people who become winners don't embark on their championship run saying, "I hope to someday become a champion." They literally think about that goal each and every day, and do everything in their power to make sure it happens. They want more than anything for their desire to become reality. They live it; they breathe it; they obsess over it; and they don't make excuses when things don't go right.
Set Goals In Order To Win
Winners win because they set definite goals, and because they are committed with purpose.
They place all of their energy, willpower and effort into achieving that goal. Setbacks and losses do not diminish their desire, only making that desire burn stronger. Winners usually exhibit remarkable displays of resiliency. Quitters and whiners, on the other hand, not so much.
Most people who fail at anything are all united by one common thread; they all seem to have a good reason for their lack of success. These chronic excuse makers are also infamous for wanting to explain exactly why they failed to everyone who will listen.
Using clever excuses to explain a lack of success is nothing new; people have been doing it since the beginning of time. But remember, regardless of how logical your reason for failing may be, at the end of the day, reasons are just excuses.
And excuse makers suck.
20 Classic Excuses That Just Won't Work Anymore
- If only I had more time...
- If only I could afford it...
- If only I could eat healthier...
- If only I could stick with it...
- If only I wasn't hungry all the time...
- If only I didn't have kids...
- If only I knew how to do it...
- If only I were younger...
- If only I had somebody to help me...
- If only the economy was better...
- If only I had been given a shot...
- If only I had better genetics...
- If only I didn't have so much weight to lose...
- If only I didn't have to try so hard...
- If only I hadn't failed in the past...
- If only I could just catch a break...
- If only I had more confidence...
- If only I were luckier...
- If only I had a workout partner...
- If only I could just get started...
Most, if not all of these excuses are pretty justifiable, but when it comes down to it only losers whine and make excuses. Winners just get it done. The lame excuses you made last year just won't work anymore, and in fact, your friends and family are probably sick of hearing them.
But, if you came up short last time you tried and found yourself saying "If Only" there is still hope!
Click To Enlarge.
If You Came Up Short Last Time You Tried And Found Yourself
Saying "If Only" There Is Still Hope.
Today is a brand new day. You have a new opportunity to reach that old goal. You have a fresh, new start!
Take a few minutes and write down a list of the classic excuses you consistently tell yourself. Then burn it or throw it in the trash. Remember, reasons are just excuses. You don't need them in your life now.
Think Of An Excuse As A Cancer To Your Goals
Hoping, wishing, and excuse making will never bring success. But with the proper state of mind, and a well thought out success plan backed up with persistence and won't settle for failure mindset, you will become successful.
Here Are Some Practical Steps On The Road To Success:
- Set your mind on the exact goal you want to achieve. Be as specific as you can.
- Figure out exactly what you plan on sacrificing in order to get what you want. There is no such thing as something for nothing.
- Set a definite date that you wish to accomplish your goal.
- Create a plan that will allow you to achieve your purpose.
- Write out your purpose or mission statement as clear and concisely as you can.
- Read your written purpose or mission statement out loud 2-3 times every day. Once in the morning when you wake up, once while driving to work, and once before bed. The more you do this, the more you will start to believe in yourself and start to feel like you can do it.
- Burn all of the bridges behind you. If you want to be sure you maintain the state of mind required to keep that desire burning, you need to eliminate all sources of retreat and withdrawal. You cannot allow yourself an escape route.
- Stand by your desire until it dominates your thoughts and becomes a fact.
- Start immediately, don't wait for the perfect scenario, the time will never be right, so start now.
If you look at some of the most successful people on earth, you'll find that most of them do not have superior talent, intelligence, education, or resources. Most of these individuals are remarkably very ordinary, and are not blessed with an ounce more talent than the next person. Talent and intelligence are not measures of success.
Click To Enlarge.
Start Immediately, Don't Wait For The Perfect Scenario, The Time Will Never Be Right, So Start Now.
If you look closer you'll find that successful people also usually have one thing in common. They are super stubborn. They just refuse to give up. Most of them have failed numerous times before they finally had a breakthrough and achieved success.
If you fail, try again. If you fall 7 times, get up 8 times. Just keep going. Everyone, at every level, who is attempting to do more than the average person will fail a few times. With risk there is reward, and if you aren't willing to lay anything on the line and risk the embarrassment of failure then you wont be taking much action at all. You cannot be afraid to fail.
Don't be afraid to fall down, totally embarrass yourself, and fail. Do it, learn from it, and move on.
Don't Let The Fear Of Failure Stop You From Trying
Success often comes just by hanging in there long enough. Just by taking body punch after body punch and refusing to get knocked out...you can eventually emerge as the victor. If you do happen to get knocked down, you'll often find that you can transform that stumbling block into success purely as a result of persistence. Just keep getting up.
If you have the ability to hang in there and the emotional strength necessary to stay positive after falling on your face and can still keep going strong, nothing can hold you back.
This time, spend less time thinking up clever excuses and more time working hard trying to achieve your goals. Whether your goals are six pack abs, or just improving your health...the more commitment, focus, and effort you apply to reaching your goals this go 'round, the more successful you'll become.
Just remember every tragedy and disappointment you'll ever experience in your lifetime will lead to an even greater opportunity. You may not think so at the time but, you'll see what you want to see, what you expect to see, and you'll only find what you look for.
So keep going, don't ever stop. Don't take yourself out of the game when you are in a slump. The only cure for failure is action!
About the Author:
Jamin Thompson is a pro fitness model & the author of the best selling six pack abs e-book, The 6 Pack Secret: Fat Burning Secrets of The World's Top Fitness Models. He helps men and women from all over the world get in better shape without using bogus supplements, gimmicks, or doing long boring cardio at http://www.the6packsecret.com
|Share This Article: