Taco Bell's new waffle taco is getting a lot of buzz, but a stack of fluffy waffles topped with crispy fried chicken has long been the clucking king of the breakfast-dinner kingdom. Has there ever been another combination so delicious, so appetizing, so rich, so loaded with grease and saturated fat? Don't give up on this classic combination just yet! Instead, try this healthy spin on the original recipe and stick to your fitness goals.
Think outside the drive-thru, drive past the greasy spoon, and "live mass." Whether it's your breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner, this rendition of tender chicken served up on a waffle bun is sure to meet your macros and excite your taste buds. It's made with slow-digesting sweet potato and lean chicken breast to support long-term energy and quality growth.
It's a healthy, modern, muscle-building twist on a classic indulgent meal. Enjoy!
- 200 g grated raw Sweet Potato
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup Green Onions
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Onion
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Pinch of Sea Salt and Pepper
- Grate a raw sweet potato into a bowl.
- Add three egg whites and seasonings to the bowl. Mix with a fork.
- Set your waffle iron on medium-high heat and spray with coconut oil to prevent the waffle from sticking.
- Pour the batter onto the waffle iron. Spread evenly.
- Cook for five minutes or until your waffle iron indicates the waffle is cooked.
- While the waffle is cooking, season chicken breast and cook in a skillet.
- Build your sandwich wrap.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Recipe yields: 1 serving
Chicken and Waffles PDF (236 KB)