Part 1: Introduction
Part 2: Key Terms
Part 3: Dieting
Part 4: Nutrition
Part 5: Supplements
Part 6: Getting In Shape
Part 7: Steps To Success
Part 8: Exercises
Part 9: Planning
Part 10: Appendix
Before beginning any diet and exercise program, consult your physician. The author and Bodybuilding.com disclaim any liability, express or implied, resulting from the application or misapplication of any of the information in The Personal Training Program. Special thanks to our photographer Josh Marks who donated his time and efforts in the development of The Personal Training Program.
Congratulations, you have made it this far. This manual will teach you everything you must do to have a great body. But remember, only you have the power to use the information that you learn. I was prompted to write this because I am surrounded by so many people that are constantly seeking out weight loss information. I know exactly what needs to be done and I want to show others.
It is impossible to know absolutely everything about fitness, and I'm not saying I do. But, I do know how to lose weight and the information contained in this manual will teach you just that. Before you start this program remember these three things:
- Society dictates what people think. Our society tells us that if we are not in great shape, we are lazy and not ambitious. Being in shape will change what others think about you.
- You will learn more about yourself through this whole process than you ever imagined. This isn't just a weight loss system; this is a test of mental and physical strength. You will learn about your strengths and weaknesses through this process.
- You control your own destiny. Do not feed into the scientific BS about genetics. Genetics are decisive factors for hair color, skin color, and things that we cannot control. You can control what your body looks like.
because they do average things..."
Did you know...
The average cost of a gym membership is $54.00 a month, for some of this it may seem expensive but did you know...
The average person would save over $72.00 a month from regular exercise due to the amount of medical bills that not being physically fit can cause. By exercising, you can save $25.00 a month. You can see that in less than a year you will save over $210.00 with the benefits of a healthier body.
There are many workout programs that can and will help you, the program I have setup is what I have seen work in the past through my own experiences as well as what I have seen with experiences of others. But really, there are probably hundreds of other workout programs that could work just as well as mine if you are consistently using the program.
We will provide the information and resources you need to accomplish your goals, but only you can motivate yourself to do it. There are many steps to creating your ideal body, if you follow the steps we have provided I can guarantee success.
If you want to lose weight, you must figure out how you are going to get there. Figuring out the path to weight loss is called your direction. This guide will give you that direction.
|WHAT'S YOUR GOAL?|
But you need a place to go, somewhere to end. You eventually want to reach a final point. These are called your goals, they are what you have set out to achieve. Here is a little bit about goals:
Long-term goals are those aspirations that you have to work for. Ones that you know will take some work but you would like to accomplish. They can consist of basically anything; here is an example of three goals for someone who is trying to lose weight:
- Lose 10 pounds in 6 weeks
- Reduce my body fat by 3%
- Eat right so I get the best results
These are your long-term goals and should be something that you know you can reach over a period of time. Do not make goals that are unreachable because you will feel overwhelmed and give up if you think that they are not attainable.
Short-term goals are the week-to-week aspirations that you need to accomplish to reach your long-term goals. Here would be an example of some short-term fitness goals:
- Workout everyday before I go to work from 7:00AM-8:15AM.
- Pack my meals so I know that I am eating right.
- Track my daily & weekly progress.
- Eat 6 meals everyday.
Daily and weekly goals are called short-term goals and are necessary to reach your long-term goals. Using this system will bring you closer to the body you desire.
Remember, without goals you have no guidance or focus on where you are going and it is very easy to lose sight of what you set out to do.
as the person you become accomplishing it."
- Save money from exercising.
- Use a positive work ethic to be successful.
- Set short term goals to help you achieve you long term goals.