Friend-Uhl & Faigenbaum
|Performance Nutrition Show|
|Performance Nutrition Show Listening Options.|
| Which Do I Choose: Listen Or Download?
On most computers, you can just click on the 'listen' link and it will open in your browser or media player for online listening.
If you wish to download the show in MP3 format for later use on your computer or iPod (mp3 player), follow these steps:
About This Episode
World-Class Distance Runner, Sonja Friend-Uhl.
- World Champion - 2K Beach Run;
- USA Indoor Mile - 5th 2000;
- 2000 Olympic Trials - 1500m;
- 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002 Disney Cross-Country Classic Invitational Champion.
Sonja Friend-Uhl is a world-class distance runner whose athletic accomplishments include:
Sonja holds Personal Training Certifications with ACSM and AFAA as well as AFAA specialty certifications in Youth, Senior, and Pre-Natal Fitness. She is also a USATF Level I Certified Coach.
Sonja has a Bachelor of Arts Degree from the College of William and Mary. Sonja is the President and Head Fitness Trainer of FIT Studio which she opened in 2004. Fit Studio guarantees clients results through private and semi-private personal fitness and pilates training.
The studio also offers nutrition counseling. Her clientele range from novice to advanced fitness enthusiasts with diverse needs and goals. Sonja's passion for running led her to create several adult and youth running clubs in South Florida. She also has an online coaching business, Magical Running.
University Professor & Doctor, Avery Faigenbaum, Ed.D.
Avery Faigenbaum, Ed.D. is an Associate Professor at the College of New Jersey. Dr. Faigenbaum earned his doctorate at Boston University. Avery serves on the NSCA's Board of Directors and is one of the world's leading experts on youth training and fitness.
| What Does NSCA Stand For?
National Strength And Conditioning Association [link].
Dr. Avery Faigenbaum.
- Faigenbaum, A. and Westcott, W. "Youth Strength Training," American Council on Exercise, San Diego, CA 2005;
- Mediate, P. and Faigenbaum, A. "Medicine Ball Training for All," Monterey Bay, CA, Healthy Learning Publications 2004;
- Faigenbaum, A. and Westcott, W. "Youth Fitness," American Council on Exercise, San Diego, CA 2001;
- Faigenbaum, A., and Westcott, W. "Strength and Power for Young Athletes," Champaign, IL, Human Kinetics Publishers 2000.
He is a frequent international lecturer and the author of the following books: