Although chicken and turkey are staples in most fit diets, you don't have to make the same meat choices over and over. Veal is delicious, and squash is a nutrient-dense vegetable that belongs in anyone's healthy nutrition plan!
Veal cutlets 4
Oregano, salt, and pepper 1 pinch
Olive oil 2 tbsp
Lemon juice 2 tbsp
Pre-cut butternut squash cubes 1 container
Thyme, finely chopped 1 branch
Parmesan cheese, grated 2 tbsp
Salt and pepper 1 pinch
Olive oil 1 pinch
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place squash on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, parmesan, salt, pepper and thyme. Mix well
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Squash is ready when there's a golden crust and it's tender inside.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and oregano over veal cutlets, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- In nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook cutlets for 2-4 minutes on both sides.
- In a bowl, mix lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Drizzle over cooked veal.
Serving size: 2 cutlets
Recipe yields: 2 servings