Pressed for time? These workouts are all you need to gain muscle, burn fat and stay on track.
Sure, we know - you're hardcore. You're a chalk-using, knee-wrapping, @ss-to-the-floor squatting, nose-bleeding warrior who measures the success of your workouts by the amount of weight you're throwing around and the number of minutes you spend doing it.
A two-hour workout? Child's play. Problem is, sometimes that two-hour workout just won't cut it, and there are going to be times when you're faced with the option of getting in and out of the gym as quickly as possible or not getting in at all. That's where we come in with our 15-minute workouts, designed to help you boost muscle growth and burn fat, and to keep your physique on track even when you're schedule isn't.
When You Want To Do Them:
- For the chest, back, shoulders, arms and legs, whenever you need to work a body part in your normal training split, but find yourself short on time. However, you can also put these workouts together into a five-day split and follow that program for four weeks.
- For the upper-body circuit, any time you know you're going to miss a bunch of workouts but don't have much time for even one workout during the week.
- For the forearms and calves, after any workout, one to three times per week.
Why You Want To Do Them:
- Short rest periods, or no rest periods, between sets have been shown to cause a sharp spike in growth hormone levels.
- Lighter weight and higher reps can further boost GH levels.
- High-intensity training techniques can shock your muscles and spur growth.
- Change is good.
For a lineup of 15-minute workout routines covering every major body part, plus instructions and tips on how to maximize the benefits, pick up the December issue of FLEX.