During the 90's a shadow draped over the bodybuilding world, and eclipsed anything that was previously thought imaginable. Every year this monstrosity rose from the depths of its dungeon only to leave a wake of destruction upon the mortal world.
It soon became apparent that nothing was going to halt the formidable force of condition, depth and size, and thus, claimed 6 Sandow victories on its destination to greatness. The beast had a combination of muscle manifestation that we hadn't seen before, and will probably never see again. That beast became known to many as "The Shadow." Millions know him as the great "Diesel" Dorian Yates.
5 Days Of Dorian
To celebrate the most popular blue-collared bodybuilder of all time, we are launching the most in-depth feature ever to be published on Yates. Our "5 Days of Dorian" series will include several in-depth interviews with the former Mr. Olympia that will cover everything from nutrition, supplementation, training, injuries and competition.
We will be publishing an interview and pictorial with his famous training partner "Leroy." We reunited the two for the first time in 5 years. Leroy speaks on their "Blood n Guts" training style, the Olympia wins, the competition, and bodybuilders of today.
We will also have a timeless pictorial and editorial of Yates' and Leroy's sons training together within Temple Gym 10 years after their seniors ceased their partnership.
We were lucky enough to get an exclusive interview with the great photographer Kevin Horton who shot the famous black and white 1993 pictures of Yates that sealed the Olympia fate of his competition before even stepping on stage.
As of recent, Yates lent his guiding hand to help prepare an IFBB Pro for her competition. As a result, she stepped on stage so hard and grainy that she was marked down for being too ripped. You can read his advice and see the accompanying images of him training her in the article "The Dictator and Translator".
Click To Enlarge.
Dorian Yates And Marika Johansson
Training For The 2006 Europa.
And to finish off, we will publish an unbelievable unseen picture of Yates which Kevin Horton believes is even more insane than his 1993 image. Believe me, this one will blow Yates' sock off the 1993 shots, and you will see them first!
Below is a calendar of articles that will be published over the 5 Days of Dorian.
Day One, Tuesday December 2:
- IFBB Pro Marika Johansson Contest Prep For 2006 Europa - Part 1: Dorian Yates Diet Plan!
- Dorian Yates Discusses Bodybuilding Training: Never Before Published Insights!
Day Two, Wednesday December 3:
- An Exclusive Interview With The Birmingham Bruisers, Leroy Davis & Dorian Yates!
- 6-Time Mr. Olympia Dorian Yates Interview: Now-Famous 1993 Gym Shots, Injuries, & Current Affairs!
Day Three, Thursday December 4:
- Yates & Davis 10 Years Later - Next Generation Blood & Guts Training At Temple Gym!
- IFBB Pro Marika Johansson Contest Prep For 2007 Europa, Part 2 - Dorian Yates Leg Training!
Day Four, Friday December 5:
- Kevin Horton Discusses His Shocking '93 Dorian Yates Photo Shoot.
- Dorian Yates Exclusive: In-Depth Interview Regarding Bodybuilding Nutrition.
Day Five, Saturday December 6:
- The Story On The New Ultimate Version Of Blood & Guts!
- The Unseen Picture Of Yates: